Block Insurance

Welcome to WS Insurance, your trusted partner for comprehensive and tailored blocks of flats insurance solutions. As specialists in the field of property insurance, we understand the unique challenges faced by landlords and management companies when it comes to protecting residential complexes. With our expertise and dedication to customer satisfaction, we strive to provide you with peace of mind and financial security.

Block Insurance Specialists

No matter where your block is based or how big it is we can insure it. Get in touch today and let our independent family run firm look after you.

There is no better way to protect your block than with the best block insurance on the market. We can help you find the best quotes, helping to protect you and your assets. 

Block of Flats Insurance London

What is block insurance?

If you own or manage a block of flats or apartments, you must have the right expert insurance you need. Typical building insurance policies will not provide you with suitable cover.

Block insurance is a specialist type of insurance intended to give you the protection you require. This can be done using a standard block insurance policy as a starting point and adding extra coverage as needed. For example, lift insurance may not be covered initially but can easily be added to your policy if you require it.

Why do you need block insurance?

When you are responsible for managing purpose built or converted blocks of flats, you need insurance that gives you comprehensive cover. Our service gives you the confidence that your flats insurance needs are being met.

Risk management – We can help you to increase safety for occupants and reduce the likelihood of claims, by providing expert assistance with asbestos surveys, fire risk assessments, and health and safety planning.

Enhanced cover – We are able to offer comprehensive, varied, and wide-ranging cover tailored to your needs, and provided by some of the top insurers in the UK.

Advice when it counts – With 24/7 support available, we guide you through the claims process with patience and care.

Does the landlord or tenant pay for flat building insurance?

In most cases, the landlord or freeholder is the person who will pay for and control the block insurance policy. However, this is not the case for every block and should be agreed on by the tenant and landlord.

What does block insurance cover?

Most policies automatically cover fixtures and fittings (i.e. fitted kitchens, bathrooms and wardrobes). Polices do not tend to include a flat or apartment’s contents, which will need to be covered by another separate policy.

Block of Flats Insurance London
Block of Flats Insurance Devon
Insurance for blocks of flats can also include:

How can I establish the correct level of insurance cover for a block of flats?

Our contracts cover damage by all risks. To ensure the property is insured adequately, a professional valuation will be required. We can also help with this.

How often should I have my block of flats valued for insurance purposes?

Insurers recommend a block should be surveyed for valuation purposes every 3-5 years. This will also help to make sure that you are getting the best possible cover for your asset.

Is block of flats insurance a legal requirement?

Although there is no direct law which demands that a block of flats is insured, it is likely that it will be a requirement of any mortgage agreement that you have. There is current legislation though which requires a certain amount of liability cover for flat owners.

What does loss of rent cover?

Loss of rent covers means that a landlord will be compensated for the cost of any rent they are unable to collect as a result of their building becoming uninhabitable. This can result from things such as fire and the loss of rent, which is lost when a building is repaired. The different causes of inhabitability are
If the property is uninhabitable due to an insured event, i.e. fire, the loss of rent section will compensate the landlord for rent they cannot collect whilst the damage is repaired.

What does malicious damage by tenants cover?

A policy that includes this would mean that you were covered if your tenant was to cause harm to the fabric of the building or the fixtures and fittings of the property. It will not cover the contents of the property.

Will I be covered if my block is unoccupied?

This is dependent on the policy which you choose. It is an easy thing to make sure that your policy covers and can easily be added by one of our brokers.

Can I insure a block under refurbishment?

This is something which can be offered with certain policies. The insurer would need to know the work which is being done and how long the work would take to make sure that the building was fully covered.

Can you insure more than one property with block insurance?

You will be able to insure multiple blocks under one contract.

Does block of flats insurance cover leaks in flats?

Yes, escape of water and ingress of water would be covered under our contracts as standard.

What is the excess charge on block of flats insurance?

Depending on what you want to pay and what you want covered in your policy we can work to find you an excess amount that suits you. It should be remembered though that the higher the excess the lower the premium tends to be.

How much does block of flats insurance cost?

The premium that you pay is dependent on several factors, such as the rebuild cost and the claims history. For this reason, our quotes are tailored to you

Why Choose WS Insurance for Blocks of Flats Insurance?

  1. Specialist Expertise: Our team comprises experienced professionals who specialize in blocks of flats insurance. We understand the intricacies of this type of insurance and are equipped to provide you with the best advice and solutions tailored to your specific needs.

  2. Comprehensive Coverage: We offer comprehensive insurance coverage for the entire building, including the structure, communal areas, fixtures, and fittings. Our policies also include liability insurance to protect you against potential legal claims.

  3. Personalised Service: At WS Insurance, we believe in providing personalised service to our clients. We take the time to understand your unique requirements and preferences, allowing us to tailor a policy that meets your exact specifications.

  4. Competitive Premiums: We offer competitive premiums without compromising on the quality of coverage. Our team works diligently to find the best possible rates for your blocks of flats insurance, ensuring that you get maximum value for your investment.

  5. Efficient Claims Process: In the unfortunate event of a claim, our dedicated claims team is here to assist you every step of the way. We understand the importance of a prompt and hassle-free claims process, and we strive to ensure that your claim is handled with the utmost efficiency and professionalism.

Block of flats insurance, also known as apartment block insurance, provides coverage for the entire building and common areas in a residential complex. It typically includes protection for the structure, communal areas, and liability coverage for property owners or management companies.

Typically, if you own a flat within a building, the structure and communal areas are managed collectively by the freeholder or management company. It’s essential to have block of flats insurance to ensure comprehensive coverage for the entire building and shared spaces.

Coverage can vary but generally includes protection for the building structure, communal areas like hallways and stairwells, fixtures and fittings, and liability insurance. Additional options may include coverage for loss of rent, alternative accommodation costs, and legal expenses.

Premiums are determined based on various factors such as the rebuild value of the property, location, size of the building, level of coverage required, claims history, and security measures in place. Our specialist team can provide a personalized quote tailored to your specific needs.

Yes, depending on your requirements, you can customize your policy with additional coverage options such as terrorism insurance, legal expenses cover, directors and officers liability insurance, and engineering insurance for lifts and boilers.

Buildings insurance typically covers individual properties, while block of flats insurance provides coverage for the entire building and shared areas within a residential complex. Block of flats insurance is designed to meet the unique needs of multiple property owners within one building.

Yes, even if the building is managed by a property management company, it’s essential for property owners or the management company to have block of flats insurance in place to protect against unforeseen events and liabilities.

Yes, you can switch your insurance provider at any time, especially if you find a better deal or more suitable coverage options. However, it’s crucial to ensure there are no gaps in coverage during the transition period.

In the event of a claim, you can contact our claims department directly. We’ll guide you through the claims process, assist with documentation, and ensure a smooth and efficient resolution of your claim.

There is typically no minimum or maximum limit on the number of flats required to qualify for block of flats insurance. Whether you own a small block with a few flats or a larger complex, we can tailor a policy to meet your needs.

Exeter Office

2b Manaton Court
Manaton Close, Matford Business Park
Exeter EX2 8PF
Tel: 01392 908750

Bristol Office

Henleaze Business Centre,
13 Harbury Road, Henleaze,
Bristol BS9 4PN
Tel: 01172 034186

London Office

56 Gloucester Road
London SW7 4UB
Tel: 020 3301 9859

Need a helping hand with Block Insurance?

Click here to contact us today for more information.